Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Is honesty truly the best policy? V

Hmm.

Today has been hard for me, both physically and mentally... and subsequently, emotionally. While I am already burdened under the simple fact that I have a tonne of homework to polish off, I still have to be stricken with taunts and snide humour thrown at me from those around.

Isn't it tough enough that I have made a serious effort to conform with the social 'requirements' in order to adapt to my classmates' style of friendship? Isn't it hard enough for me, who does not understand what it is that is going behind my back, and I have to tolerate all the whispers and silent looks?

I think it's time I put my foot down, like I did last year, when I could not take this nonsense anymore. I'm sick of all the expectations. I'm sick of all the politics. I'm tired of all the awkward silences, and I'm done with being someone I, myself don't recognise anymore.

I'm jaded with the half-rotten conceptions people have of me, and it's kinda stupid that I'm even bothered, especially since these people have no idea who I am... they never even bothered to make a serious effort to get to know who I am: someone who has been silently undertaking tasks for the benefit of my pals, and those same people who trample over me and try to break my spirit.

Make no mistake, those to whom I am friendly towards; because friends do not take advantage of each other, they do not hurt those who offer a helping hand. Friends do not expect more than their fair share, and more importantly, friends know how to treat each other with respect and dignity.

If you feel that my comments touch a sore spot, let me put this straight... I will only treat people the way in which I expect them to treat me in return.. no more and no less; if I am friendly and jovial towards you, then please do not turn a cold shoulder... because receiving one yourself is never a pleasant sensation.

All I am wishing for is to be treated in a manner with mutual respect.. because I am someone who dislikes complicated matters. I have always believed in the application of quid pro quo in everyday life... and it only seems fair that I still treat people with the relevant respect even though some do not do the same in return.

I just pray everything will go back to normal... I do not wish to be the punching bag for everyone.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home