Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mother's Love XIX

Hmm.

Well, my mum left for Poland yesterday.. Warsaw to be very exact. Thing is, the day after she left, my bike kena stolen!

What the crap man.. I locked it as usual, and yet it still got stolen. Whatever... I really can't be bothered with that bike, because the gear-changing knobs are literally rotten, and I'm stuck in the lowers gear possible perpetually, what's more this particular bike has always given a lot of trouble, and I couldn't be bothered to look after it anyway.

Also on my mind is whether I should request my parent's permission to purchase a laptop. I've come to this consensus that the possibilities of me using the school computers will only be limited to five programmes: namely Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer.

Apart from the lack of school computers availible (they threw in like ten more Coms, but the old coms began to break down.. so it's still the same), there's the environment with comes with using the computers... which is usually a noisy, mandarin song-soaked environment.. completely uncondusive to working on projects and images.

Hence I've decided that I have (already) saved up enough in reserves to purchase a full-blown laptop, but of course I wouldn't want to place too much cash on it, because I know these electronics things are rather fiddly to work with. Also frankly, the only two pieces of electronics equipment I fully trust is my Marshall amplifier, and my electric guitar.

Apart from (hopefully) being able to have wireless internet capabilities and (also hopefully) a good sound card (I'm praying for sound blaster), I'd be using a laptop for sound recording and writing songs on the go. Apart from the fact that having a laptop is a major convenience piece of equipment, I personally feel the urgency to get a laptop because I do believe that the time has come for me to start being a profession design student, instead of having to tong-pang computers all the time because my home computers do not have Microsoft Word.

I'll see whether I can propose this to my mum when she gets back from Poland, but I think I'll try and settle the bike issue first.. namely facing the very loud and long-drawn-out music.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home