Sunday, June 12, 2005

All Along The Watchtower

Hmm.

Have you guys ever listened to Bob Dylan's 'All Along The Watchtower'? I personally heard it once, and after that, I was just baffled with the timing, the rhythm etc. Soon after, I heard Jimi Hendrix's version.. and it suddenly made sense.

I guess I'm not the only person to experience this sense of confusion regarding Bob Dylan's version... numerous persons whom I have read about also didn't get his song, until Hendrix re-did it... and what's more, Hendrix's version rocks harder:

"There must be some kind of way out of here"Said a joker to the thief
"There is too much confusion,I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine,
Ploughmen dig my earth
*None of them along the line*
Know what any of it is worth"
"No reason to get excited"The thief he kindly spoke.
"There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I have been through that
And it is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsely now,
The hour's getting late
"All along the watchtower, Princess kept the view
While all the women came and went,
Barefoot servants too.
Outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl

And there you have it, the lyrics to the song.. check it out if you can.. the guitar solo is just wicked.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home