Saturday, June 11, 2005

Clutch that matey! VIII

Hmm.

Just got off work.. where I had a good time playing guitar after my shift, in front of the whole pub (once more), and this time I think I didn't do myself justice.

I suppose it's also because I'm really, really, tired after a whole day at school, followed by a rigorous work regime (which incidentally includes climbing up a flight of stairs at least 20-30 times for every work day). Some say that such an active job is like working and exercising att he same time, which is quite true, but somehow I'm not really conviced that it is so.

About half-an-hour into my shift (around 6:30-6:45pm), I was outside the pub, walking into the pub whilst carrying a tray full of food, when two guys who were in the pub a little while back accosted me:

Guy1: 'Excuse me, mate... do you know where Muddy Murphy's Irish Pub is?'

Crawldaddy: 'Umm.. I'm not too sure.. let me ask my manager: he knows these sorts things'

Guy2: 'Umm, cuz I heard that there's this huge whore-house (!!!!!!!) right beside the pub itself, and we wanted to head on in that direction'

C: 'right... give me a minute, I'll get back to you in a moment'

Guy1: 'ok'

I guess that when he mentioned 'whore-house', these two blokes weren't really interested in contributing to the country's economy in the most decent way possible. I just asked my manager where the pub was, and I proceeded to tell them:

C: 'Ok, thing is, you heard of Orchard Road?' (gesticulating with my fingers, motioning a long line)

Guy1: 'Yeah.. I think I heard of it sometime ago.. so is Muddy Murphy's along Orchard Road?'

C: 'Yeah.. it's next to a hotel as well, and there you should be able to find what you want' (I was absolutely baffled as to what I, myself, was talking about)

Guy2: 'So how do we get there?'

C: 'Well, you take an MRT' (I stop short at the blur looks on their faces)

Guy1: 'I'm sorry, what?'

C: 'The MRT... something like a train, underground? Like the Tube in London' (a look of recognition then flahes across their faces)

Guy2: 'Ohhh.. right... yeah, ok'

C: 'you go in that direction,' (using my right arm to point in the direction of Raffles Place MRT) 'and you will find an MRT station called "Raffles Place MRT"'

Guy1: 'In that (points in same direction) way?'

C: 'Yeah... and when you get there, you can follow the maps and take the train to "Orchard MRT", which is right where Orchard Road is'

Guy2: 'Ok, right.. MRT to Orchard MRT'

Guy1: 'Is a taxi cheaper?'

C: 'Well, a taxi is faster, but it is more expensive... it only costs slightly more than a Dollar to get there' (which is perfectly true)

Guy1&2: 'Ok, mate.. thanks so much'

I just pray they lost their way, and hopefully get their minds washed clean... sigh... the problems with the open sea.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home