Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Shit Happens

Hmm.

Today I brought my electric guitar to school in anticipation of the 'church practise' which Alvin requested my presence in order to help out with his 'worship session'. So I arrived this morning at LT Q-10, took out my electric guitar (and micro-amp), and proceeded to play 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You', albeit a weak battery which cause my sound to fluctuate whenever I hit the strings very hard.

Alvin arrived soon after, and the lesson soon started with the arrival of Garry Tan, our very comical and friendly lecturer. Garry proceeded to start with last week's activities... which are sort of like the 'prequel' to this week's stuff. Alvin then began to get agitated, and was virtually hopping in his seat while Garry carried on with his briefings and as soon as Garry finished, Alvin shot out of the lecture hall, half groaning in discomfort.

Apparently, Alvin needed to defecate very urgently... he claimed that the unholy combination of cereal, milk and his dashing to enter LT Q-10 on time had caused him to answer nature's call very urgently. On top of that, he was carrying his trademark 'tekong-ready' bag, which can eclipse the sun in a single, sweeping motion.

So Alvin arrived back in class in the midst of some discussion amongst myself and a loosely-formed group of fellow yr2s and some yr3s. We managed to finish the discussion on time before Garry called for a short break, with which I and Alvin had the following conversation:

A: 'I need to go to the toilet again'

C: 'Why? I thought you just did?'

A: 'I know, but it seems there is some form of complication, and if you will, I shall spare you the details. In short I think I might have messed my shorts'

C: (unsure)'messed your pants? Oh crap, don't tell me you..' (uses sweeping motion of hands to depict the flushing out of waste material from bowels).. 'in your pants???'

A: 'I thought it was gas, ok?'

C: '...'


So in a short moment I was taking a leak in the loo, while Alvin proceeded to undertake the task of cleaning up the mess. A moment after he entered the cubicle, he let out a resounding:

'EEEEWWWWWWWWWWW'

I guess the sight of shit in your shorts doesn't look very pretty. Also try and ensure that you are aware what the difference between gas and actual defecation coming out from your rear end really is, because the outcome might just surpass your wildest imagination.

The rest of the day passed easy, with a short SDn club meeting, which culmulated in myself volunteering to be part of a proposal and planning team for the upcoming (and very much later in the year) talent-time competition.

Alvin and I proceeded to Queenstown MRT from Yio Chu Kang station with some haste because we were rather late for the worship practise session. I had never done something like this before, and i was looking forward to it, despite the fact that the journey from Yio Chu Kang station was punctuated with conversation topics surrounding the topic of the day, which coincidentally resided within Alvin's shorts: shit.

The session was pretty good, although I did make a lot of mistakes.. I was particularly impressed with the clean sound that one of Alvin's church amplifiers produced... sharp and balanced, very funky indeed. The pianist and drummer were both very friendly and casual... However, I was disappointed in the overdrive tones, which were muddy and absolutely horrendous to use. In short, it was the shitty sort of sound you hear with which most local metal bands use.

Anyhow, moral of the story: don't shit in your pants, and do know when you have done so.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

PS: Alvin gave me the unconditional approval for this post, and I couldn't refuse because you'd never know: sometimes, shit happens.

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home