Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Adobe Illustrator

Hmm.

Never in all my life (with the excption of the MS DOS version of some word processor used way back in Shanghai) have I encountered so much problems with a computer software, especially when my project hangs in the balance of how well I can use this software.

It sucks.. big time. I'm not a pro at Adobe Illustrator, and there are so many things to remember just to execute a simple task, why can't they have easier-to-understand shortcuts? maybe it's just the windows version of this software, but that's no excuse, these people have had so many versions to work on and improve, but it's still as dumb as a broomstick.

For one I really dislike the Selection and Direct Selection and the Convert Anchor Point tool... too many things related to one task!!! I have to switch between these three tools just to create a curved line... tell me is that productive or just lousy programming?

HA! Thought so (Only if you said no).

I've got this boardgame to create, right now it's about 90% done.. but through so much pain and trouble!!! maybe I'm just lazy, but hey... we're all lazy in some way or another, but I'm definitely not lazy when it comes to doign Rhino modelling.

Heck, I'd give Rhino over Illustrator any fookin day. Rhino is like a frickin bed of roses compared to trying to create a curve in Illustrator. I bet if I used Illustrator and Rhino to achieve a 3D model rendering, I'd take only 20% of the time in Rhino compared to Illustrator.

That said, Illustrator is also a blessing in a small way.. at least it can do things other softwares can't do, but it's still troublesome.. so there. I hate it all the same.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home