Sunday, January 08, 2006

I've Had Enough

Hmm.

I'm been working at Molly Malone's for quite a while.. almost one year, and frankly I think it's time I've moved on and got myself a better job, both in terms of pay and environment-wise.

As one of the few guys working over there, in a mainly-female working environment, I've been pushed around, bullied, looked down upon and generally been treated not as an equal, but 'just another part-timer'.

And I'm tired of it.

I've decided that by the end of January, or latest early February I've have got to get out of this shite-hole I've managed to encapsulate myself in. I can't stand being oppressed by this feminist working environment (not that I'm supporting a chauvanist one either... a neutral one is desirable) whereby I have to tahan black looks, sarcastic remarks regarding me knocking off at 11pm as though I simply HAVE to stay beyond 11pm, and getting all of my tips in loose change most of the time. I find receiving $4.80 worth of tips in 10, 20 and 50-cent coins very annoying.

And I'm not the only one. The other guys are similarly being pushed about (with the exception of Hansel, who is gay) and no doubt these people are nice when the time comes, but hang on... isn't that so contradictory? On one hand you treat us nicely (when you want something done) and then you turn around and kick us in the face by treating us like dirt for the rest of the time. It's not fun, and I'm tired of this bullshit. And what do you mean, you were having a bad mood?

Anyhow, on a lighter note, I've got a gig this coming Friday ($$$) not disclosing how much I'll be earning or else I'd be arousing jealousy. But I can safely say that once I get through this gig, it'll be like earning what I would be for working at Molly's 3 nights in a row. And all I need to do is turn up, do a soundcheck, play for 20-30 min and I'm home dry. Ahh.. the pleasures of the gigging musician.

I think I'm a fairly straightforward person: cut the shit and let's get it over and done with. I'd safely admit that my tolerance for bullshit is low, and that's why my sentiments regarding leaving my pub job are justified. Yeah yeah.. you get the nice pub environment, but I'm breathing in 2nd-hand smoke, getting pot-shot at by my female colleagues, earning crap wages (in one month) and generally being tired of seeing the same old black faces everytime I work. I can live without watching soccer while working, I can live without moonlighting live sets on Friday nights. Heck, I can live without free drinks once in a while, but I can't live in this confusion anymore.

Anyway.

Before I went to work yesterday, I managed to create a model of an MP3 player for my ergonomics project. Hopefully it's alright, but the rendering colour of choice in school somehow turned me off, and I re-did the renderings. Hope you enjoy!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home