Monday, July 03, 2006

YEAHSSSSSSSS!!!

Hmm.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you slog it out and then everything crashes around you no matter how hard you try? Then all of the sudden, everything builds back up by itself, and you receive one heck of a cherry on top of the cake?

The past two weeks were quite disappointing for me: I lost my drummer and keyboardist due to their personal commitments outside of music, and a drummer I had contacted did not reply my email; I did not manage to get into the attachment for Hong Kong like I previously thought would be so; I received intense pressure from my supervisor to come up with the accurate dimensioning of both my bike stand and chair designs on top of their respective 3D models in the computer with complete renderings.

Then suddenly things started brightening up again... I received compliments for one of my compositions, the drummer contacted me again and the band had a great jam on Saturday afternoon, the soft bbq went very well although I stayed up until late and I started to sketch much better than I have ever done in my 2-1/3 years in poly, as seen with the sketches I have done for my industrial project: a wireless LAN (WLAN).

So what's the cherry on top of the cake?

I was working on a 3D model of a WLAN when Garry went to my supervisor and I overheard him saying:

"this is the list of students that Mr Soon has selected for the Germany trip"

For those in the black, the door to Germany for attachment had just swung open in the last month or so. As I was under the impression that I would be going to Hong Kong, I did not think much about it, but after the disappointing news that I would not make it for Hong Kong, I had approached Mr Soon (our ID deputy Director) with hopes of having a slot in the Germany trip. Mr Soon had replied by saying that he had taken note of my interest in the programme.

So there I was, in my seat feeling all miserable because I cannot go Hong Kong or Germany because Garry soon went around looking for my coursemates and placing that same piece of paper (which he had shown my supervisor) under their noses and obviously informing them that they were chosen for the German trip. I guess I was doing 3D modelling (my favourite 'pastime' in ID) so I soon did not notice it anymore.

It was about 4:50 pm when I had finished my model of the WLAN (I started around 4 o'clock) and I showed my supervisor the finished rendering. She proceeded to give me feedback on my rendering:

SUP: "why you use a block in the rhino?"

CDD: "oh.. to show that the LAN is sticking onto the wall mah"

SUP: *nervous smile* "I think you just use a plain vertical surface can already"

CDD: "oh ok lor.." *tweaks 3D model*

SUP: "yes, that is better" *smile*

CDD: *presses render button and sees object materialise on screen* "yah hor looks better.."

SUP: *soft voice* "did you know... Garry says that Mr Soon has confirmed that you are going to the Germany trip.."

CDD: *shocked* "are you suuurrrre...???"

SUP: "yah... good right?"

CDD: "why.. yes! Yah.. but I have to check with my folks lah... if it's too expensive then I dunno liao"

SUP: "ok, you check and get back to me"

So I called up my dad, and he said it should be no problem I quote: 'if you can get it, we will support you all the way'.

On my way home.. I could not help but grin to myself: I'M GOING TO GERMANY!!!!!!! KLOSE JERSEY HERE I COME!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home