Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Jam was gooooood II

Hmm.

Wow. What a day.

I woke up early for work, felt like shit because I had this horrible headache, like a huge pressure in the temples. Thank goodness for coffee at work (I drank about 3 cups just now over the course of 8 hours) because it worked like a miracle substance.

I was also lugging along my guitar (Red Twanger) and my pedals *chuckles*... a load which further made my headache almost unbearable.

Work was ok I guess... with my colleague (this early 50's lady whose behaviour reminds you of a bitchy 15-year-old) coming into the pantry just as I was about to change in to my work clothes (I was about to press the lock button on the door handle when I heard the patter of her feet and she beat me to the handle). She just started KPKB-ing about how one other auntie at work called her a bad egg, and started defending herself to my still-groggy-due-to-headache self in the relative cramped-ness of the pantry.

This colleague of mine seriously needs a new job, one where she can start over. She's been working at the YMCA for like 6 years now, and it's kinda sad to see someone who is villified by her co-workers for being who she is. Truth is, she's not really easy-going.. she loves to skive off duty (to where I don't know and don't want to know), and she also loves the delegation of duties unto lesser workers such as myself. I have kena saboh by her: *Eh Errik you help me serve this customer hor*.. in the end kena pluck by customer because she cocked up their order.

What to do? Many people have snidely attributed her single-hood due to her character issues, and well.. I'm taking a neutral stand on it. I'm not going to make any further comments.

Jamming after work was so much fun! Although the bassist was late, and we only had half an hour to jam with the complete lineup, we did manage to polish off 5 songs today, and we were pretty tight as a whole considering that this is the first time the full line-up had played together. But everything meshed pretty well, I was in top-form, and we also came up with a name for ourselves! wait for it...

We're called Free&Easy

Ok you can start laughing about how suggestive the name is, how it might suggest the attitude we might have towards certain aspects of our lives, but frankly the term 'free & easy' refers to how we are readily receptable towards a wide range of musical genres, despite our base being rock and roll. No sexual connotations, please. But in case you were wondering, we did take the idea from a travel company advertisement. LOL.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home