Monday, November 06, 2006

Only a November Song

Hmm.

ALright.. I'm guessing some of you do not enjoy the song that I recently uploaded. Many a remark included:

1. 'Not as good as "Healing of Time"'

Aiyoooh. Not trying to hao lian or anything but most of the people who have heard "Healing of Time" have said it is the best song I have ever written. I'll admit it's the only song I have ever written with wide-eyed girls in mind.

2. 'Just sounds so weird'

Aye indeed. "Growing on You" is kind of like a mish mash of acoustic rock with a samba feel. Must be a santana influence. In all honesty I'm not too happy with that song myself.

3. 'The shaker is distracting'

Yeah I know. I cannot afford a bloody metronome so I have to rely on this shaker to help me keep in time. So far rather unsuccessful (in terms of perfect timing).


Anyways, this song which has already been uploaded is titled "Only A November Song".. but it was actually recorded one day before I recorded 'Growing on You', which was recorded towards the end on October.

So why "Only A November Song"? I actually gave it a name which might be too obvious especially since this song was written about a friend of mine, who experienced a heart-break. Why are so many of my songs about love?


Only A November Song

jaded miss lonely, broken-hearted on a one-way street
tried her best but she just can't seem to make ends meet
lost in her little world of lovers who she can't see
little lady come on get up wake up and follow me

you can't drag it around like a ball and a chain
why don't you just dig in and release the pain?

it's hot as a mid-day swelter
it's a cook and bake and a shake
standing in the sunshine dont you ever give
yourself a break?

come on darling now, you gotta lie low and breathe in deep
he's been your sunshine for too long
and it's time for a graceful slip.


he's taking you too far
and you're feeling like you can't hold back
what it is you cannot feel
but you can feel it trickling down your back

someone you've been waiting for
has long passed you by
the feeling has long gone, but you
found yourself asking "why?"


Hope you guys enjoy this one despite the under-average vocal performance.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home