Saturday, March 17, 2007

It was ooookkkkaaaaaayyy lah

Hmm.

Well the Tan Kah Kee presentation for my bicycle stand went rather blandly today. General reception was initially rather warm, but it soon turned lukewarm once I had finished explaining how it worked and what the dimensions and materials it was made out of.

I suppose since the panel of judges comprised mainly of middle-aged engineering folk who probably have little sympathy for a little thing called a 'design concept", the whole hope of my concept actually even making it past them is a slim as George Bush ever getting a third term in office even if the United States Constitution allowed it.

Anyway. Before all of that happened, I had went out on Friday evening to Molly's for an evening of song, drink and cameraderie with my drummer, Mervyn and of course the inimitable Gerry Cox.

In short, I had alot of fun, drank my beer and sang my head off both during Gerry's set and when I had the chance to get onstage myself. I'm glad I kind of got high before the "big day", but heck.. I designed that bicycle stand at THIS same time of the year, LAST YEAR. If you can imagine how jaded I am with this concept... it's like how countless of americans are pissed off with Simon Cowell.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed, just in case :P


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home