Saturday, January 15, 2005

Coughing it up.. *hack*

Hmm.

I've been coughing the whole day for at least three days since I first fell ill. I just don't know what the bugger is wrong with me.

To top it all is the fact that I have a throat ulcer... not very nice indeed.

I was working today, as per norm at the Convention centre where I was working at a high tea function. The occasion was the graduation ceremony for University Of Manchester (external degree) graduates.

The thing about it was that I was very busy clearing plates when I suddenly felt a hand being placed softly upon my shoulder. i thought it was just some guest wanting me to clear away their used plate. But I got the mother of all shocks:

It was Garry Tan (my 1st semester studio project lecturer).

Garry's a very colourful guy, he's just plain jovial to put him into a simple tense. And he's really a decent bloke to talk to.

So I got a pleasant shock that as I was working, all dressed up in my work clothes, and up comes my NYP lecturer who places his hand on my shoulder and says

'How's it going?'

C: 'Um.. fine... enjoying the food?'

G: 'I'm going to attack it right now!'

Yeah, he's a fine guy. Afterward, as I was less busy, he was gathered with his friends and introduced me (I'm dressed a waiter, remember) as his first-year student.

His friends nodded and smiled.

Then they passed to me their dirty plates.

Righto.

The rest of the event included Garry asking me whether he could take away some of the food ('I luuurvve the brandy fruit cake! I want to get the recipe!') and when i asked him whether he was serious.. he declined, before saying

G: 'I'm just full of rubbish'

C: 'I don't doubt that one!'

that sent both of us laughing, right in front of my colleagues who stared at me in amazement.

Then as Garry left we said goodbye, and see-you-on-monday, when my colleagues asked me how I knew they guy. Telling them that Garry was my lecturer wasn't that bad... it was just the fact that we were talking so openly etc that made them so amazed. I suppose my Crawldaddy side has never been exposed to them yet. You know... the style I tend to get into.

Yeah.... work ended one hour earlier! so I got one hour's pay for no extra labour! that means three plates of Chinese-lunches! And then I have to eat Mcdonald's for ergonomics project... argh... brain-pain!!!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home