Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Melissa, Melissa, Melissa.....

Hmm.

How many more times will it be,
well before I say pleasantly to thee
gerroff beyatch, I don't want you anymore...

It seems like a one-handed affair
and I know as I sketch, you'll be fingering your hair
so why don't you find a way outta your bore?

At times I feel like being nice
but squashing my pleasantries will have a price
just do not believe I will be taking it no more

And as I cut the corrugated board,
I silently prayed to the lord
for willpower as my fingers turned out quite sore.

But for the time being, I will forgive you
for I'm not in the mood to neck-wring you
and for the record it'll frankly be quite a chore.

In the event you do really test me
I shall not hesitate to break down the levee
Just remember, violence for me will never be ever uneasy.


hahahah, hope you like that one.

Man, I spent literally the whole day making the mock-up stool for my V.I. project. Oh, and by the way, the mock-up was supposed to have been done by Melissa.

I came for class right on time, and waited for melissa to appear. By 9:30, I knew something was amiss, so I decided to proceed on the graphics for the presentation board. However, realising that the more important thing to show Ayob (my V.I. supervising lecturer) was the mock-up stool.

I suppose after reading my previopus posts on melissa, you would'nt have blamed me for not trusting her ability to create a proper mock-up model. True enough, as I was cutting up the material for my revised mock-up model (corrugated board) one senior told me

'Why you do the mock-up still? yesterday Melissa spent so long just doing it for you, you know...'

Right. So deciding maybe, just maybe Melissa had done her job properly (as in using her initiative to come up with proper dimensions and making sure the darn thing looked like a stool), I went over to her desk, where the senior pointed out her handiwork to me.

I almost chocked with disgust (yet again). That thing on her desk could have taken no more than half-an hour to cut out, and just five minutes to glue together (she used double-sided tape). I almost couldn't bear to pick it up and see whether it worked. Ha ha... it didn't.

So it came as no surprise that at about 4pm, after roughly 7 hours of designing/cutting/joining, I came up with a much better mock-up(full-scale, quite steady, and obviously working). Thereby causing Melissa's 'stool' to look like a child's plaything. More like something which you'd give to a dog to chew up, shit on and leave for the worms to devour.

Anyhow, it is only my word you can take, but seriously, when one of my non-V.I.-participating lecturer heard I was partnering with Melissa, he told me he'd pray for me. I suppose there's some hope. i think.

Yeah, it sucks working with Melissa, but I can't blame her for her absence today. She was apparently sick due to her regular 'chiong-ing' at whatever k-box she goes to. I called her up at about 9:50 am this morning, just before I started work on the mock-up:

C: 'Melissa? Melissa are you there?'

M: 'Mmmmmmm????' (imagine a girl saying this going for a steady lower pitch to a higer pitch, and sounding ratehr muffled)

C: 'Melissa, can you hear me?'

M: 'Mmmmmmmm????'

C: 'Melissa, It's V.I. lesson now, where are you?' (I knew that she'd just woke up or something, but I just 'played along'.

M: 'Mmmmmmhhh....'

C: 'So, er, are you coming in later?'

M: 'Mmmmmhhhhhmmmm'

C: 'Ok, I suppose you'd either be phenominally late, or simply absent right?' (I had to give her options you know..)

M: 'Mmmmmmmhhhh'

C: 'Ok, see you around then!'

And I hung up.

Seriously, whenever you have a conversation with someone who speaks just like how Char snores (oops!!!), you'd rather hang the damn person when you see 'em, than try something like:

'Hey... you ok? What happened?'

With Crawldaddy, you know that he'd be swinging at you head with more than one-metre ruler (the longest piece of metal availible in block R). Sure... say your prayers Melissa.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home