Sunday, April 24, 2005

Another sign in the road

Hmm.

I've just come to know that Anwar has been booted from American Idol. What a bloody waste, and this is yet another sign that this world is really going to the dogs.

I dunno, I've always had this tremendous respect for Anwar (although I haven't been watching A.I for like four episodes now) and that has always been there since I first saw him sing... dreadlocks and all. Besides, he is a music teacher who is trying to make it in a fickle, fussy and materialistic world.

I guess he can't blame himself because there are too many puffed-up, tasteless people around the world nowadays who think Britney Spear's 'Toxic' is the 'best pop song in a long time'.

Compared to the other contestants, Anwar had a sense of definition in his presence, and that charm to bring the audience together. It's a pity: those who voted for him weren't enough, but I just hope they didn't really vote for Scott, who although has the substance, just isn't right for this competition anymore. Particularly since the mainstream market consists of readily-spoon-fed teeny-boppers who think Avril Lavign is the Janis Joplin of today.

It's sad to see the world become so bland and naive. It's even more so when true talent goes out of the window (ie Anwar), and shit comes right up our door (50 Cent) and takes up the residence.

I'm just so disappointed in the world today.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home