Friday, April 22, 2005

Preparing for Auditions....

Hmm.

Ok, I just received news from one of my colleagues yesterday there was gonna be an audition for English-singing performers down at Tanjong Pagar... exact location still has to be confirmed, but I'm all for it.

I asked Alvin whether he wanted to do it with me as we always used to, but he declined, on the basis that there was too little prior notice and what's more... he has to go for his finger therapy and subsequent cell group meeting. I don't blame the guy... lugging his banjo all over town and then going for cell group (still with the banjo), and then with the biggest factor of them all...

Alvin and I (as I've mentioned maybe the upteenth time) once went for an audition at a small coffeeplace cum restaurant, where numerous other personalities went there... including your classical-doodling blokes, straight-forward strummers, Singapore Idol-rejects, and Portugese crooners. And then you had us... two teenagers with dreams the size of texas, and with licks to burn, but no time to spare.

This course the both of us are taking, Industrial Design, is one course where time is of the essense, and especially with Alvin, whose time has been severely shortened with his commitments to his church. Add that to the fact that both of us may not be the most use-your-time-wisely people. But I still manage to keep a part-time job.

Therefore, it is Alvin's concern that although we did manage to get through the auditions, our time may not be enough to satisfy both our academic and socio-economic needs. After all, it does state on our ez-link cards as 'Full-time student'.

Therefore, I am sad to say i have to go to this audition without Alvin, but no, it isn't the end of the FGG. It will never be the end (as far as i can see), but only this one time I will go through the process, with Alvin's notification and (hopefully) blessing as well.

I've decided to prepare for this audition by selecting several covers and originals to perform for the judges (ten in all) so as to ensure that there is an even mix of capabilities and back-up songs.

Main selection (5):
1. When You Say Nothing At All (Ronan Keating)
2. Blackbird (The Beatles)
3. Peaceful, Easy Feeling (The Eagles)
4. I Love (FGG)
5. I'm Gonna Find My Own Way (FGG)

Back-up songs (5)
1. Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver)
2. One (U2)
3. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
4. He's So Smart (FGG)
5. Sweetest Dreams (FGG)

Maybe you as can see, I've done three main and back-up covers , and subesequently three main and back-up originals. I just hope this is a healthy mix and I will be able to pull it off. After all, songs like 'Peaceful, Easy Feeling' and 'One' are still somewhat iffy, and I've got to work on them for polishing up.

Wish me luck, my friends... the audition is at 3:00pm, so I've still got time to practise.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home