Sunday, June 19, 2005

Stolen Bike Update

Hmm.

It seems my mum isn't very surprised my bike got stolen... or so I felt when I was on the phone with her yesterday morning. Thing is, she wasn't very amused with my desire for a laptop... she claimed that my rough-and-tumble style of handling my things is not condusive for ownership of a laptop, or anything worth more than $700.

Ok, fair enough, I treat my stuff rather roughly... that's because I want to wear it down to an 'evergreen' state, whereby it can't be worn down anymore. This is with the exception of my guitars (and mandolin).. which are only painted upon.

Coming to my electric guitar... I've managed to create new tones by using a slave-and-master technique, by first plugging in my guitar into the effects pedals, followed by my marshall micro-amp, and finally the 15-watt marshall, which is set to clean.

The gain on my micro amp is then put to 75%, followed by minor tweaks on my 15-watt's EQ settings. After that I just turn on my overdrive pedal, and then I have one of the most unique fuzz tones, coupled with my SG's sweet humbuckers.

Talk about my SG (once more)... I bought (or traded in) my unofficial Epiphone (wif my old mockingbird) for $450, which was leveled down to $150 once I traded in my mockingbird. Today, I noticed the same guitar down at Swee Lee, going for $800 bucks, and the only big difference was the 'Epiphone' brand on the headstock, followed by a 'crown' inlay.. which are omitted in my Guitar Workshop version.

When I tried it out, the sound was not even as powerful as mine, and on top of that.. vertually every bodily aspects were identical as mine... maybe my finish is slightly thinner (which is better :p).

In short.. I've got a better guitar for a lower price, with a thinner (and better) finish!!!


Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home