Saturday, July 23, 2005

Clutch that matey! XIII

Hmm.

Wow.. last night's set at the pub was really good... just before my shift was over, a bunch of people (around 15 in total) came into the pub dressed like hospital staff, and one of them (a lady, btw, but nontheless drunk unless I'm much mistaken) somehow just kept having me within her sights... constantly keeping me on a short leash.

In any case, I ended my shift at 11pm sharp, went down back to the pub after changing my attire and proceeded to play a set of three songs: 'Take Me Home, Country Roads', 'Hey Jude' and the all-time sure-to-break-Gerry's-guitar-strings rock anthem 'Highway To Hell'.

I was really having a ball of a time, especially since the pub was soooo crowded, I knew at least 70% of them were singing along to 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' and during 'Hey Jude', there's a part of the song, where everyone goes 'better, better, better, better, better' and then just before everyone went 'na na na na na na na... na na na na.. Hey Jude'.. I screamed my heart out for a whole second, much to the surprise of everyone.. even Gerry's eyes went OO, and a few people whooped.

Haha.. I broke a string during 'Highway to Hell', much to Gerry's chagrin 'I suppose my job has gone from singing songs to changing broken strings!!!', to which I gave him a hearty grin.

Oh yeah.. I discovered yesterday morning that my SG is actually a real Epiphone through and through.. apparently, the guys over at Guitar Workshop had just spray painted over the headstock and applied on their own decal.. which I must admit looks absolutely like a piece of crap from a graphics points of view.

In any case, I'm still deciding whether or not I want to sand off the offensive layer of paint and then re-cap it with lacquer or maybe I should leave it alone? after all.. I'm not great shakes at such 'jobs' but maybe I'll give it a shot during the holidays next week.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home