Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lunchtime dumbnessness

Hmm.

Today I was having lunch with Alvin, and I was quoting a bit of my lesson with Khairul the other day regarding an example relating to the marketing efforts done by Apple and Creative for their respective MP3 players, the Ipod and Zen Touch.

So Khairul was giving us this example of a restaurant being situated somewhere in Changi, and as a prospective diner, since this restaurant came highly recommended (just like an Ipod), "I" would decide to give this restaurant a go.

However, along the way (I'm still continueing with the example, btw) I'd get lost, and I even have to ask the transvestites near changi village for instructions, to which the 'bapoh' would reply:

'Hey.. dahhrrling, wanna have some fun?' (try saying this in some deep, manly vocal)

At this, Alvin laughs and carries on eating his lunch with his knife and spoon. Then he suddenly asks me:

'What's a bapoh?'


Previously, I had mentioned something about one of my lecturers being something like a fruitcake (a fruitcake, is a term used to delicately describe someone as being effeminate, for those who do not know what effeminate means, in a nutshell, an effeminate man is someone who behaves in a girlish manner), to which Alvin inquired what a fruitcake meant.

I don't think I want to repeat what I just wrote in the parathesis above, but I did explain in short what a fruitcake meant... to which Alvin went:

'aha.. ok'

So to his question: 'what's a bapoh?'

I replied: 'remember what I told you just now about fruitcakes? A bapoh is a fruitcake who looks exactly like a woman'

Alvin: 'Eww...'

Yeah, so I guess Alvin has finally taken another step into the bigger world of reality, and hopefully he can remember to keep his thumbdrive with himself more effeciently the next time 'round.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home