Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's A Long Way...

Hmm.

I finally got the gig! As of Tuesday, 8th November, I will be gigging once per week at Molly Malones Irish Pub not after my shift, but rather for a part-time living. The boss of McCraic Ltd told me himself, that the initial kickoff of tuesdays will eventually build up such that I will not have to spend the rest of my teenage life cleaning out ashtrays and sweating like a pig even though the temperature condition in Molly's can cool down a dish of piping hot Irish stew within 5 minutes.

I'm so grateful.. I can't find the words to say. I mean, Rob, Gerry have been so encouraging and helpful both in terms of giving me opportunities to get better, and also the financial help to carry on improving FGG's studio sound. On the other hand, Colin has been very supportive and kind enough to give me the opportunity to earn a small living and the benefit of playing (and working) in his pub. The thanking can go on forever.

Well, Rob was very pleased with the Gift Gerry, Alvin and myself got for him... it was a Bob Dylan documentary which was picked out (blindly) by Gerry's girlfriend Mags, out of 4 possible choices Gerry and I picked out from the shelves at HMV. We stood there with two possible choices in each hand behind our backs, and Mags chose, which might have seemed foolish, but Rob was happy, and that says it all.

Today I had the first glimpse of the Yr1 SDN club members.. and I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in some of the ID people... given my way.. I'd tell them to sod off. If they chose to come down only to refuse to be involved, then all I can say is:

"don't waste my fucking time"


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home