Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Do I have A Disease? VII

Hmm.

Well, it's very close to the end of the holidays, and somehow or another I've developed a bad habit of breaking my picks... so far I've already broken 4 pick since the start of the holiday...

I have no idea if my technique of strumming is just too vigorous or too stressful on the pick, but I always hold the pick fairly loosely, so that the sound coming from the strings don't sound too forced...

Pete Townshend said once he had developed a technique whereby he 'floats' a heavy pick in between his thumb and forefinger, so he really doesn't touch the pick at all! I've developed a similar technique for myself, and unless I'm doing pretty fiery strumming stuff I tend to use this technique for fast-strumming.

I was thinking that after Steak & onions is done, hopefully by the next school holiday, Alvin and I would not be able to put down any more recorded material because:

1. We would be in the midst of our 2nd semester of our 2nd year
2. We would be busy building up our portfolio
3. Alvin would be having his industrial attachment programme, and if he does go to Germany... well, it's kind of obvious.
4. I might get a gig and chances are, I won't even want to pick up the guitar in my spare time (lol)
5. We would be too bogged down by school commitments to think straight.

I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my birthday... I might even want to buy myself something (how about a 15-watt Vox pathfinder that sounds like a tube amp???) or go someplace with a bunch of friends (how about a cycling trip along East Coast???) or just a simple evening having makan (how about a meal comprising of mainly satay at East Coats Food centre???).

Whatever the case is.. it just might be something simple.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home