Friday, October 14, 2005

Mother's Love XXII

Hmm.

Well I finally told my folks my school semester results. I am not surprised by either of their responses. With typical aplomb, my mum declared that my guitars are to be hung up until further notice.

In what name does she think I give a fuck as to what she has to say about me and my guitars? Nothing short of Jesus coming down from the heavens and telling me to stop playing will make me give up my passion for picking up that piece of wood and releasing my mental stress upon it.

She told me last semester that my results have to improve. "No Ds!" she said, and now, I show her no Ds, she goes on by saying "there are not enough As".

WTF? I mean, an A is as good as a Distinction, and although I got C+s for Model-making and Materials & Manufacturing, anybody who has had Dengue fever and a cut forefinger would have the sufficient excuse to not complete their models on time, much less complete them at all.

Furthermore, anybody who has attended my M&M class would have difficulty keeping awake or resisting the temptaion to doodle or do anything apart from listen to the damn lecturer. I have achieved a personal record of getting drowsy just two minutes into a lecture.

Beat that on top of having only TWO common tests, tutorials which seldom get any going-through with the lecturer and ONE presentation. I'm not blaming the lecturer, really, I'm just blaming his lack of dedication which anybody would have with a class such as mine.

I mean, come on.. my results underwent a relative improvement especially when I didn't have any Ds, all of the relevant core modules received a B grade and above, to top it all, I even managed to enter the 2nd round of FDA. I see no reason why my parents should want me to hang up my guitars.

Sigh, as the saying goes: 'a man is judged by his worst output rather than his best input.'

Maybe I should add: 'My mother is the most repulsively unreasonable person who has no hobbies other than indulging in watching stock markets rise and fall and blaming her poly-student son for soiling the family name by going to poly and not JC.'

Fuck JC. I have better things to do than go to an institution which is just a higher form of secondary school. I'd rather focus on my passions than trying to achieve fucking grades. If my mum wants me to hang up my guitars, she can go wank hope out of thin air.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home