Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tear Down The Wall!

Hmm.

Well I guess I'm blessed in the sense that so far 8 people have already confirmed their presence on my birthday.. and Alvin, Chris Leow and myself will be doing a sort of 10-song gig during the evening before we watch a DVD, namely 'Herbie goes to Monte Carlo', which will be provided by the herbie-loving Alvin.

So far things have been going rather smoothly, and Alvin has pledged to get me 'The Silmarillion' and Superdel has mentioned she might get me the Pink Floyd classic album 'The Dark Side of The Moon'. I feel that it's great that two friends of mine might be getting me something which are certainly things that I can enjoy... namely books and CDs.

I dunno, from my point of view, books and CDs tend to be very good choice of presents... while books and CDs definitely do not come cheap, they definitely have a greater sense of tangibility... instead of weird things like paintings, sculpture, etc.

Apart from CDs such as Dark Side of the Moon (DSotM), I had been planning on expanding on my CD collection to include Thin Lizzy, Fleetwood Mac and 60's to 70's era Clapton records. As Clapton was involved with so many groups (Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, and Derek & The Dominos) it'll be tough for me to nail down exactly which record epitomises Clapton at his best.

I've heard that the only Bluesbreakers album he did with John Mayall was one of his best works, but I've also heard that 'Layla & other assorted love songs' which he cut with Derek & The Dominos was also pretty good... not to mention that that album includes the classic Clapton track 'Layla', which was inspired by his yearning for Patti Boyd, then the wife of George Harrison.

As for books, I was browsing through Kino yesterday and I found the guitar transcription book for the Floyd's DSotM, and the material inside was absolutely incredible, even the price was incredibly ridiculous: $34.00 full told. I dunno... I'd have to really save up because I WANT THAT BOOK.

Whatever the case is... I'd be really happy already to receive those two items (DSotM and The Silmarillion) and that is enough for the time being LOL.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home