Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Air Heads

Hmm.

Today my folks finally decided to buy a digital camera.. it is a 5.0 megapixel Kodak camera.. which cost us $349.00 with some accessories.. not too bad a deal, if you ask me. However, that is not the main point of today's post. This happened at about 10am, and we had previously made a trip to visit the tree-top bridge near Macritchie Reservoir early in the morning.

As I was browsing through the cameras, I noticed one young girl who was walking around with her mum dressed in a mini flippy skirt and spaghetti strap-top at 10am in the morning. The first thing which came to my mind was 'air head', and continued browsing through the rest of the cameras.

I would say that this girl is one person whom I would believe is the ultimate by-product of the pressures of today's so-called fashion norms: rebonded hair, stick-skinny physique on top of the outfit. Call me old-fashioned, but I see view sort of girls with disdain because I can't see her personality by the way she dresses. With certain people you can see their character coming through no matter what items they don, but for a certain majority of people, you feel that familiar plasticity that is so sterile and passe you almost choke.

I have a great respect for people who stand for themselves and not let social norms affect their thinking and personality, but I just see the devoutedly fashion-wise norm-conscious people as those who are responsible for the term 'fad'. It just makes me ill.

I've often asked myself why until now I have no girlfriend... maybe it's the lack of opportunities, maybe it's my personality, maybe it's the fact I listen to music which is way before my time, but I think the true reason could be that I'm rather choosy... right.. who isn't?

Wouldn't it be cool for me to just throw myself around and hopefully get someone? The answer's no. For one I find great disdain talking to airheads who are solely bothered with their vanity... too much style, and not enough substance between the ears. I'm someone who searches for conversation people, not material girls.

That said, I'm someone who constantly wishes to own the best audio equipment on earth, all the coolest guitars, the coolest amplifiers and the sickest guitar sound. Does that make me materialistic? Or would it be just the desire to be a lord in my own little circle?


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home