Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Soon!

Hmm.

Haha, the other day I was accosted by Hee Kiah, and he was like:

HK: '(my name), do you have a minute?'

CDD: 'Uhh.. now?'

HK: (imagine perilous-sounding voice) 'YES'

CDD: 'oh ok'

So we were in this little photocopying room (which incidentally housed the staff hot drinks) and we talked:

HK: 'So, (my name) do you know Mr Soon is coming back?'

FYI, Mr Soon is our ID Deputy Director, and at the end of my first year, he was deported off to some unknown department within NYP, and we've only seen him less than a handful of times since then. Taking his place during Soon's absence was some Engineering guy who was somewhat cold, so the return of Soon is somewhat welcome.. for one at least we don't need to knock on his door.. it was always open XD.

Now, back to the topic: Soon's return was supposed to be top-secret, and Garry let me and Alvin know about it.. and we accidentally blurted it out to Jie Hong, who in turn asked us how we managed to know about the information, to which I replied:

'Ms Jie Hong, since you know that we know that Soon is coming back, I'm sure you'll know that we know about it, and since you know that we know, we know you know we know, so we'll just keep quiet about it ok?'

Jie Hong: '...'

Anywho, I was supposed to *not know* and I replied Hee Kiah:

CDD: 'Uhh, oh issit? Aha Good!'

Hee Kiah: (expression of disbelief) 'Are you sure you didn't know.......?'

At this point he was staring at me point blank, so I confessed:

CDD: 'Ok lah, yeah I knew, hehe..'

HK: 'ok, anyway, Mr Soon will be coming back this coming Monday and i was thinking if it was possible that you and Alvin could perform a song to welcome him back'

The conversation went on in the vein of how important it was to make Soon more welcome etc, and how much it would mean for us to appreciate his return blahblahblah.. in the end I said

CDD: 'Yes, I'll talk to Alvin about it, and I'll update you on what song we might choose'

HK: 'Good'

So Alvin and I were bantering around on msn what was a good song and we came up with a few interesting choices:

The Angry Thief (FGG song)
No More Tears (FGG song)
The Boys Are Back in Town (Thin Lizzy)
Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks)
Go Home (Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs)
Money Talks (AC/DC)
Peaceful, Easy Feeling (Eagles)
Drink It Up Men (Irish drinking song)
In Heaven There is No Beer (another Irish drinking song)
Hey Joe (Jimi Hendrix, which went: 'Hey Joe, where you goin' around with that gun in your hand??')
Girls Got Rhythm (AC/DC)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Creep (Radiohead)

Now the list went on for quite a bit, and I'm praying you understand our twisted sense of humour.. because all those songs above were pretty much churned out for the fun of it... In the end, we settled for 'American Pie' because it was so darn catchy, everyoen knew the lyrics to the chorus.. and we didn't want to do 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' because it was just too darn cliched.

Alvin and I did a short rehearsal just now, and we've managed to do a very good version of it... with me and Alvin taking turns to do the verses and all... hope it goes well this Friday (as per last minute notice by HK).


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home