Thursday, May 04, 2006

Leaving on a jetplane...

Hmm.

Haha.. finally got a load off of my chest.. my Skeletro chair concept is now on it's way to Manzano, Italy where hopefully I could get through the judges' scrutiny... it's one chair design I'd really love to see going places.

VI went pretty smoothly today, although I have to say that I wasn't very kind on my juniors... I guess that's one of my short-comings: that when I have responsibilities, I take things way too seriously. But let me tell my side of the story.

Since this programme was all about allowing 2nd year students to learn from us, final year students, I figured that the two people who would seek me for help had better get all the help or guidance they need. That includes me asking them questions which would make them think.. instead of being held by the hand all the way and guided along like blind sheep.

If you'd like me to describe my juniors... well one of them (let's call her YR) is pretty motivated to get things right.. she'll listen to your opinion, ask questions (although occasionally) and work hard on her project.. at least the number of lame designs she comes up with are not too much.

The other one.. (let's call her JN) she's much less motivated.. she's always rambling on about how 'stressed' she is when it comes to this project. Sometimes.. she rambles on about 'being stressed' so much I can't wait to tell her off:

"Hello... you're in the field of design... you trying to tell me next time you grow up go into society you want everything to lay down at your feet and beg for attention? Grow a bloody backbone and stop coming up with all these lame designs.. start being original! I'm not going to make you work, and you can rot there if you want, but I'm not going to be dragged down to your level.. buck up or sink down if you will."

Maybe that's my working philosophy.. work hard and you'll reap the rewards, but don't try to drag others down when you have not even a shred of motivation. It's not nice, and I won't be nice about it.

Anyways.. most of us (meaning JN isn't included) managed to finalise what we want to achieve att he end of the day, so I'm able to have some breathing space..meaning I have to focus on my bike stand design now lol. But that said, I still have to schedule a time to meet up with JN to grill her on her designs... I'm going in hot and heavy!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home