Monday, November 14, 2005

It just Keeps Getting Better And Better VII: 18th Birthday!!!

Hmm.

Wow. I have never felt so blessed in my entire life.. and that's just an understatement... I truly feel blessed.. more than anything else in the world.

Yesterday I invited a litttle over 18 people to my 18th birthday party, and it was a smash! Although it took a while for most of the guests to arrive, it was by the grace of God and the generosity of my dad who drove my friends from the mrt station to my place.. where the delicious spread was awaiting us... but we started off with a gig, which comprised of five rather shaky songs before the 'band' had a makan break.

Chris, Alvin and myself had rehearsed since last saturday for yesterday evening's programme, and the half time was crudely punctuated with Alvin's choice of the first song.. an indian 'ethnic' take on 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars', which roughly went (play tabla beat)

'Orrh.. twinkle-lah twinkle-lah little-lah stars... how I wunder-eh what-ah you are-ah... how I wunder what-eh you are-ah... how I wunder what-eh you aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre-ah.... how I wunder-eh what-ah you are...'

Thank God Jeremy didn't get up and dance.

The 2nd set was comparatively better, and it eventually led to a three-song set with me and alvin, which came after a song request from my Pyramid gang ('Wonderwall' by Oasis)... and during the three song set, I do believe I played my uttermost rhythm acoustic guitar when Alvin and I threw down 'Countryboy, Breakaway'.. which was played one-thirds faster than the original version, which also featured both of us sitting down.. I however, was standing up, which meant that I had a very tough time playing an already arm-breaking bluegrass song, at 133% of the original speed. In case I forgot to mention, I also did not have my lyrics at hand, and I had to sing the vocal parts as well.

Last night was such a great time for me.. what with the photo-taking, the ribbing of Surya, the presents (OMG!!! I finally have DSotM!!!) which were unprecidentally generous of my friends.

I guess some of the presents took me completely by surprise... particularly Char's gift (a led zeppelin t-shirt omg!!!!) and I also took a liking to the comments on the wrapping of the gift from the pyramid gang... that was something which I appreciated very much (kudos, guys!!!).

All in all, it was a great day, although DSotM somehow could not be played in my Stereo system, which meant we played 'Wish You Were Here' instead while my dad mopped the floor and I slowly cleared away the sound system.

Tomorrow brings new challenge.. Alvin and I are taking part in the FLIP! Challenge's 2nd round of judging, and we have to be at the Singapore National History Museum before 8:45am... thank God there's no class for me tomorrow morning, or I'll simply DIE.

Pray for us, and once again, thank you all for the best birthday of my life (thus far).


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home