Saturday, November 05, 2005

It's been a long while

Hmm.

Well at long last my four-night stretch of work was ended at last, and I still have to get up tomorrow morning to get ready to work on the pyramid some more... So far we've managed to finish about30 percent, and it has to be finished by TUESDAY!!!!

OMG I've freaking out just thinking about it.

It's like the most expensive project I've worked in considering the time frame we're given. Just for a roll of corruggated cardboard we have to fork out $100 bucks, and thank god it's quality material. On top of that you add up all the labour needed to paste this darn thing together using *drumroll* masking tape. My original idea was to use hot glue, but considering the fact that hot glue has to be electrically heated I scrapped the idea in favour of the paper-material masking tape.

The idea for this pyramid is to make a pyramidal structure as high and as stable as possible using paper-based materials. In our case we've utilised the strength and light-weight of corrugated cardboard, and so far it's working to our advantage. But that's besides the point.

I'm severely disappointed by some of the team members who are not actively aiding us in the building process, but their names are tied to this group. I mean, what can I say... some people have disappeared because they are obliged to by religion and family matters, but others have to sense of initiative, and that's what bugs me the most, because we're already sinking into the mud... we're throwing down the tracks just as the train approaches... but these guys have deserted us. WTF.

Anyhow, the most we can do is to do our best, and I'd better do my best by waking up on time tomorrow morning or I'll be very jaded with myself.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home