Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Friends

Hmm.

I suddenly felt the urge to write a poem..


When we first did meet, I knew in my mind there was a connection
little did I foresee how this has bloomed beyond my deepest dreams
and now I want to thank God for teaching me that vital living lesson
of how it is to give, love and care, and what it really means

Then the time came for me to let you go and break my heart
a sundering of lives and the trauma that was fraught on my soul
Now two days on the calendar the two together did I mark
Thank you for helping me through this and making my life less cold

When I saw your face the other day a cheer came into my mind
Forgive me if I was short-sighted, but remember I'm colour-blind
And when I saw you today, I wondered what you'll say to me
But when it was all said and done, my soul t'was thus set free

I remember every smile, every blink and even every blank stare
the little words you utter which you might think that I'd never care
I hope I'll stick by you when I'm old and my eyes fill with tears
Because I'll never forget the girl who helped me overcome my fears.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home