Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Jam was good

Hmm.

Wow, the performance for Soon's welcome-back party was very good. We sang it right, and we did the vocal harmony so well... I was very happy.

I think today's a very rare day.. nothing much went wrong, compared to the usualy barrage of cock-ups which I have grown to accept as part of real life... I managed to do something on Rhino today, and we managed to polish off the Survey questions for Entrepreneurship.

I came home, and did some fretwork on my SG, in anticipation for the jam session in the evening with Ken, Colin and Jason. I was very nervous about meeting up with Colin and Jason because I had never met them before, and we had only corresponded via msn... so it was cool.

The jam was great... the studio was incredibly well-equipped, although the marshall I had initially plugged into somehow stopped working after I conducted a soundcheck... it just stopped producing sound omg.. what the heck did I do?

Anyway.. Ken, Colin, Jason, myself and the drummer were literally flying blind as we tried out different songs, chord sequences and the instrumental guitar solos (all three of us took turns within one song to do a solo, or maybe even more than one solo), but it was held together by the fantastic drummer who was very easy to communicate with.. haha.. superb guy.

It was very cool for all five of us to stand (or in the case of the drummer, sitting) in one small room, making this noise, and it was all in a spirit of progression.. that fire was in us... and we managed to harness it out and put it together and came out with something that was not mush. I'm very happy.

Well I was also very happy because on the train home, I gave up my seat to a pregnant lady... yeah yeah.. you'd expect that of anybody, but I felt that I had never given much to the people around me, and I felt that I ought to like... be someone whom I want to be, instead of being so cold all the time. I want to be a person.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home