Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Do I have A Disease? IX

Hmm.

For a fleeting moment I forgot what I wanted to blog about. Oh yes.

I was at XiWai's place last night, pretty dreary.. plenty of strangers and not all of the guys from our class could make it, and SP had to go just after Twilli arrived. Sigh. Whilst Roland and Chu Leong were busy riding the stakes, I was holed in XiWai's room reading up Ghandi on wikipedia.org.

Wilson arrived in all his pink glory with a powder-pink shirt and his usual oh-so-gay white specs.. and along with half a bottle of Martell. Where and how and why he got it sure beats me, but anyway.

I had learned how to play 'The Weight' by The Band, a late 60's to mid-70's rock n' roll outfit which was initially Bob Dylan's backing band. At long last I've done it after watching a 'live' version on Soon's DVD, Martin Scorcese's 'The Last Waltz', which he had kindly loaned to me a week or so back.

'The Weight' is such a weird song.. kinda like how some songs sing about things which do not make sense, although I will not be surprised that by the end of reading this post, Alvin would have thoroughly scanned this song's lyrics and pronounced them highly controversial because of the sentence 'I saw carmen and the devil walking side by side', and of course any other bits here and there (that I'm certainly not aware of) which might have the remote possibility of controlling my brain via the sonic pulses emanating from the song.

:P

'The Weight' is also a very simple song to play, but not a very simple song to sing. Whatever the case is, I managed to learn how to sing and play it within 30 minutes. Hehehehe.

'Take a load off fanny... take a load for free... take a load off fanny (and.. and.. and.. and..) put the load right on me'


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home