Sunday, January 29, 2006

Right

Hmm.

I woke up this morning.. at roughly 11:15am. Sort of surrealism took over. Must've been the wine saturday night at my aunt's place doubled with the fact that we were all watching 'Mr & Mrs Smith' on DVD (fookin' good film, in my opinion) and my Brother, myself and three other cousins were having a ball making fun of another younger, pesky cousin.

Whatever the case was, I wasn't having that sort of CNY anticipatory feeling. It was sort of like 'oh wow.. it's morning... okay, let's hope we can last the day' which equates into a non-commital feeling of boredom and indifference.

Normally, any single adolescent person who wakes up on the first day of CNY would be like 'oh yeeeaaahhh.. ANG POW HERE I COME!!!'. Fact is, I've been sick since last Sunday, I've been coughing like mad and I'm still having a headache. I wasn't terribly excited about meeting my cousins: some of which would mysteriously disappear after lunch, and one or two would then distract the rest of us from our annual ritual of Dai Ti and jokes with either irritating actions or being so cute.

Right.

Don't get me wrong.. I like CNY, it's just that I'm not ready of thinking positive thoughts right now. Kinda like... with all the crap happening right now, would anyone even have the heart to think positive? It's more like a struggle for liberation rather than the celebration of an occasion.

I find myself dragging my feet, being cynical and generally being an arse. Oh yes.. Happy CNY to you guys out there.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home