Saturday, May 06, 2006

That feeling once again?

Hmm.

Today I received some news which kinda made me think real hard about my past behaviour.. and how it has affected my friendship with the people around me. The news somehow made me stop in my tracks... reflect on who I had become since I entered poly.. and now that I'm in my final year.. whether things have improved or made a turn for the worse.

I'm not doubting myself, but I'm just thinking about all the things that I had said.. how I said it and what were the reasons for me to say such things. But that piece of news did make me have that feeling of depression and it brought back memories which I had fought so hard to bury.

The jam session which was scheduled today got cancelled. I think I'll be finding myself another niche to express myself.. instead of having so many people trying to throw their weight about.. trying to add more of which is their preferred material. It's tiresome.. and it's not going anywhere. This issue has added to my worries.. and on top of that fateful piece of news, I still have my projects to focus on.

So instead of spending money, I decided to chill out and unplug at my pal John's neighbourhood. I took a train to Bukit Batok (damn far from Potong Pasir lah) and we had some fun playing ome of the material we both knew (Coldplay, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Beatles etc etc) and we were joined by this fellow.

He didn't want to leave a name with us, but I have to say that his appearance (gaunt face, greasy hair, skinny frame) and his character (disjointed speech, inability to articulate properly) left me with the impression that this guy was probably a drug addict. I was kinda freaked when that guy walked up next to me and peered into my songbook while John and I were hammering out 'Hey Jude'. I was kinda wary actually because he didn't give me a feeling that he was a wholesome person.

But that aside.. he was a nice guy.. gentle.. always courteous. It seemed that our jamming together unplugged did not only arouse the interest of this one guy.. my harp-playing also caught the attention of a Bob Dylan/Pink Floyd fan. LOL this guy actually went back home and came back down with his Bob Dylan memorabilia and talked to John and I for a good 20 Minutes. I think our simplified version of "Wish You Were Here" and my on-the-spot rendition of the "Money" bassline really made him think differently about me.

But anways.. I enjoyed out little chill-out session despite the interruptions and the fact that it stretched from 5pm until 9pm. Time to get some sleep!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home