Saturday, November 25, 2006

Back in action once again III

Hmm.

So it's back to school on monday. Back to an institution which I somehow feel lacks alot of the expected knowledge or understanding of what it takes to develop an individual into a competent designer.

Back to an environment where design students whose creativity would thrive in a spirit of free-will (albeit with obvious self-control) but is effectively quashed with notions of rigidity, silence and reckless insensitivity to industry requirements.

I won't be relieved to go back to school. I think I would be fascinated for 2 minutes before wondering out loud to myself why I still feel compelled to go back and subject myself to 10.5 ours of an engineering regimental system.

The only thing which would draw me back is as follows:

1. The obvious fact is that if I don't complete the final semester I won't get my diploma.
2. I still like design, and the computers in school are pretty good: best make the max out of them.
3. My chair design prototype has been completed and I promised the Uncle I would meet him in school when he delivers it (dumb, yes, but...).
4. I have alot of friends there and a few people still owe me a meal *grinds axe*
5. Haiyarrr... just whack lah. Meaning I'm too lazy to go about opposing the system for the sake of doing so.


Anyways, I kind of miss NYP. But don't get me wrong.

I miss less people than those whom I do not even remotely feel nostalgic towards.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home