Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Smile

Hmm.

This is my latest favourite song. It's a love song by David Gilmour, also known as the singer, song-writer and lead guitarist for now-defunct classic progressive rock band, Pink Floyd.

Novia got me his latest solo album, titled "On an Island", and although the song had already premiered on the 'In concert" and "Live at the Meltdown" DVD, I have fallen in love with this song because it's just so simple, with it's 3/4 waltz timing and such beautiful lyrics:


Smile

Would this do, To make it all right
While sleep has taken you, Where I'm out of sight

I'll make my getaway, Time on my own
Search for a better way, To find my way home
To your smile

Wasting days and days, On this fight
Always down and up, Half the night

Hopeless to reminisee, Through the dark hours
We'll only sacrifice, What time will allow us

You're sighing... sighing

All alone, Though you're right here
Now it's time to go, From your sad stare

Make my getaway, Time on my own
Needing a better way, To find my way home

To your smile


It's slightly sad, but I guess I love it all the same.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home