Monday, November 20, 2006

A gig not to be

Hmm.

I spent the majority of my Sunday being amused due to the fact that my band refused to play at GasHaus. It was an emo / metal gig and I guess it wasn't the best place for a self-respecting rock and roll band to showcase themselves, especially when the gig organisers had given us a 5:30 timeslot, but went back on their word.. pushing us to 9:30pm.

When you're the singer / guitarist of a hard-working band which has striven to perfect our chops and songs, and had the prospect of a gig, which is supposed to be the sharing of one's music with a wider audience, only to be low-balled by the gig organisers over an issue known as "money-making", I think none of you out there would blame me for..

Standing up for my rights.

That's right. I will not be low-balled and be treated like a fool just because a bunch of ignorant fools want to make money out of me and my friends. I will not allow my band and myself to be walked all over by a load of money-grubbing bastards who claim to be proponents of supporting the local music scene.

In the first place, how can the gig organisers claim to support the local scene when the bands they featured can hardly be debated upon as worthy of a stage? Big words, you say? Here's what those bands who played on Sunday were like through my eyes:

1. They could only scream. When they tried to sing, they were horribly out of tune.
2. The instruments were out of tune.
3. I'm sure none of you could appreciate the noise they produced.

And don't you dare tell me otherwise because I've been playing guitar for 6 years, mandolin, harmonica and bass for 2 years, and I know my fucking instrument and voice, and I know when a band is in tune or not. Thank you very much.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 8:13 am, Blogger Feng said...

and im proud of you :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home